Sunday, April 20, 2014

Book Review: Unite Me by Tahereh Mafi




Publisher: Harper Collins

Publication Date: February 4, 2014

Series: Shatter Me 1.5 & 2.5

Genre: Young Adult Paranormal and Dystopian

Acquired From: Public Library


SYNOPSIS

Destroy Me tells the events between Shatter Me and Unravel Me from Warner's point of view. Even though Juliette shot him in order to escape, Warner can't stop thinking about her--and he'll do anything to get her back. But when the Supreme Commander of The Reestablishment arrives, he has much different plans for Juliette. Plans Warner cannot allow.
Fracture Me is told from Adam's perspective and bridges the gap between Unravel Me and Ignite Me. As the Omega Point rebels prepare to fight the Sector 45 soldiers, Adam's more focused on the safety of Juliette, Kenji, and his brother. The Reestablishment will do anything to crush the resistance... including killing everyone Adam cares about.

REVIEW

Although it took me longer than usual to read this one (thanks to a lot of real life stuff that got in the way of reading), I really enjoyed Unite Me. It was well on par with the full length novels and just as good as novellas released from other series. I have to admit that I liked hearing the story from Warner's perspective more than Adam's, but I had a soft spot for Warner from the beginning. Overall, I give Unite Me a 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Admittedly, Destroy Me was my favorite of the two novellas because it is told from Warner's perspective. And it gave a lot of insight into how Warner thought and felt, which made his attraction to Juliette in the later books more real to me. There were parts of the story that rang a bit hollow, like a few of the scenes with Anderson, but overall it was a lovely addition to the Shatter Me universe.
I don't know why, but I never really connected to Adam as much as I did to Warner. I suppose that's what made the second story, Fracture Me, a little harder for me to connect to. Something about Adam always felt a bit off, mostly because I felt like he was in love with an idea of Juliette rather than the real person. Fracture Me brought the story down a little for me, but Destroy Me really brought it back.  
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment