Sunday, May 4, 2014

Book Review: Fury of the Seventh Son by Joseph Delaney


Publisher: Greenwillow Books

Publication Date: April 15, 2014

Series: The Last Apprentice/Wardstone Chronicles #13

Genre: Young Adult Fantasy and Horror

Acquired From: Public Library


SYNOPSIS

Finally, Tom Ward, the spook's last apprentice, will confront the Fiend for the last time.
Tom Ward has battled boggarts, ghasts, witches, dark gods, and the most terrifying creatures to roam the earth. He's allied with the witch assassin Grimalkin, with a powerful boggart, and with Alice... the young witch who is also his true love. And he has kept one step ahead of the Fiend, the most evil being in the world.
Now, he will vanquish the Fiend once and for all. But it will require a terrible sacrifice: not everyone Tom cares about will survive the final battle. 
--From Goodreads

REVIEW 

Since I first picked up the very first book in the Last Apprentice series, I've been hooked. As a sucker for fantasy novels, this was an amazing read for me and I've recommended it to a lot of people. That's why I give Fury of the Seventh Son a solid 5 out of 5 stars.
Delaney has always been fantastic at writing an amazing story. He weaves fantasy with just enough reality to make everything authentic. He writes wonderfully well-rounded and real characters who make you believe as they do and makes you wish that you knew them beyond their adventures on the page. His world is beautiful and breathtaking.
I think my favorite thing about this book was that it really allowed Tom to come into his own. He became a character that was strong despite his fears, and it presented him with some challenges that it seemed that he never anticipated. I was breathless for much of this book because I just couldn't believe what was happening--and in many parts, I didn't want it to!
Quite honestly, the story ended in a way that I didn't like. But looking at it, it ended the only way that it could. And with the threat of the Kobalos hanging on the last page, it's been left open for another book or even an entirely new series. So maybe things aren't over just yet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment