Thursday, March 6, 2014

Book Review: Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris


Publisher: Balzer + Bray

Publication Date: April 24, 2014

Series: Unraveling #1

Genre: Young Adult Science fiction

Acquired from: Public library

SYNOPSIS

Sixteen-year-old Janelle Tenner is used to having a lot of responsibility. She balances working as a lifeguard in San Diego with an intense academic schedule. Janelle's mother is bipolar, and her dad is a workaholic FBI agent, which means Janelle also has to look out for her younger brother, Jared.
And that was before she died... and is brought back to life by Ben Michaels, a mysterious, alluring loner from her high school. When she discovers a strange clock that seems to be counting down to the earth's destruction, Janelle learns she has twenty-four days to figure out how to stop the clock and save the planet. 

REVIEW

Without a doubt, this was the easiest novel for me to rate. I plowed through this one in two days, and I loved every single bit of it. Therefore it's so easy for me to give Unraveling a full 5 out of 5 stars. It is definitely a book that I will go back to read again and again.
The premise of the novel is interesting and lends itself to a dozen great twists and amazing mysteries. I don't want to give too much away, but it's a great read for anyone who is a science fiction fan! I absolutely loved this novel, and I really clicked with Janelle because of the fact that she doesn't have the perfect family. And I really loved that she was a strong female lead--and by that I mean that she was real. There were moments when she was kick ass and brave. And there were moments when she fell apart and needed someone to fix things for her. 
Unraveling is a strong, plot and character driven novel that will grab you from the first page and never let you go. Fans of The X-Files and Veronica Mars alike will love Janelle and her race to save the world. 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment