Thursday, July 24, 2014

Book Review: The Afterlife by Ksenia Anske


Publisher: Self-Published

Publication Date: August 5, 2013

Series: Siren Suicides #3

Genre: Young Adult Paranormal and Urban Fantasy

Acquired From: Personal Collection

SYNOPSIS

Ailen Bright is more lost than ever. Her father has betrayed her yet again, but keeps her longing for his love alive with some almost-heartfelt confessions, though few and far between. She and Hunter can never be together without fighting the urge to strangle each other with their bare hands. And to top it off, two-faced Canosa won't leave her alone. Her resolve to do the right thing is wavering as she tries to protect the ones she loves, simultaneously searching for a reason to keep on living, and the final chapter of Siren Suicides comes to a tumultuous close, bringing death, life, and love.

REVIEW

It may have taken me a while to get to this one, but I can't tell you how much I loved the final installment of the Siren Suicides. Once again, Ksenia Anske has done a fantastic job dealing with life, death, and the problems of adolescence. It was a brilliant novel that I can easily give a 4 out of 5 stars to. 
One of my favorite things about this novel was how Ailen had such a hard time dealing with her own feelings and uncertainty. She was incredibly real and had struggles that were almost too big for her to handle. She was simultaneously fragile and viscous. I loved reading about her struggles and her personality. 
The one thing I didn't like about this novel was the ending. It was a little bit too "soap opera" dream sequence for me. But regardless of the ending, the rest of the novel was brilliant and wonderful. I loved it, and will definitely read it again. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment