Thursday, July 24, 2014

Book Review: The One by Kiera Cass


Publisher: HarperCollins

Publication Date: June 5th, 2014

Series: The Selection #3

Genre: Young Adult Dystopia

Acquired From: Public Library

SYNOPSIS

The Selection changed the lives of thirty-five girls forever. Now, only one will claim Prince Maxon's heart...
It's swoon meets the Hunger Games in the final installment of The Selection trilogy!
For the four girls who remain at the palace, the friendships they've formed, rivalries they've struggled with and dangers they've faced have bound them to each other for the rest of their lives.
Now, the time has come for one winner to be chosen.
America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown--or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the competition approaches its end and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realizes just how much she stands to lose--and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants. 
The breathtaking finale to The Selection trilogy will make you swoon! 

REVIEW

I fell in love with this series the first time I picked up the first book. And I waited for what seemed like forever for the final book to see what would happen. It was an amazing story, and I couldn't wait to see who America ended up with. Thanks to The One, I finally know (no spoilers here!). And I give The One a solid 5 out of 5 stars. With no reservations at all!
It is one of the best novels I've ever read, and I know that I'll come back to it over and over again. Kiera Cass is a master storyteller, and I love every single word that comes out of her pen. She's wonderful. She creates beautiful characters and wonderful scenery. She's one of the best authors I've read in a very, very long time.
America is incredibly real with her struggles, her hopes, and her dreams. She approaches the things that come at her with strength and love, something that we should all aspire to. I felt her pain, her joy, and her love. I wanted what she wanted, and cried when she cried. America truly is a wonderful character that should be part of the greatest characters of modern young adult literature. 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment